Saturday, July 12, 2008

Assilem

I know that the titles are different. Let it be. There's a reason. Just ask.



Asylum

It’s been over a year and I still haven’t seen you.

I can’t see you or your daughter.

I can see that selfish son of a fucking bitch stand in a courtroom trying to defend his actions.

But I can’t see you.

I can visit you and your daughter.

I’d give anything to hear you,

Even if you were sobbing uncontrollably.

It would be better than having to live without you.

I’m not right anymore.

I’m not in the right place

No matter where I go.

I’ve lost a bit of my self-control and I feel like I’m just spiraling.

If I didn’t have to work and I’d have come home and gone with you,

You’d be here.

If he had pulled out, you’d be here.

If you had taken the other road instead of listening to him,

You’d be here.

I have pictures

and memories.

I have notes

and clothes.

I have quotations

and your family and friends.

But I don’t have you.

Drive safely.

No comments: